Even those who eat fairly well most of the time are not immune to the post-holiday food hangover. A few extra adult beverages or indulging in dessert for several days in a row will send hormones into a tail spin.
If you have a nagging headache or are feeling pudgy, now is NOT the time to cut back on your intake. Rather, it is time to eat MORE of the good stuff.
This should be a time of nourishment; not punishment. Vow to increase your intake of vital nutrition so your liver can naturally eliminate what it does not need.
Eat the Good Stuff
- Veggies. Lots of them: carrots, broccoli, peppers, spinach, kale, avocados, asparagus,..
- Low glycemic fruits: apples, kiwi, melon, and berries
- Easy to digest protein: eggs, fish, chicken
- More fiber from small amounts of nuts & seeds.
Drink a Daily Cocktail
Improve elimination and digestion by starting your day with a hot mug of water plus the juice of a lemon or Grandma’s favorite, 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8oz of water.
Release the toxins
Assist your body with the release of toxins through your skin by including one or all of these natural, good for you remedies:
- Dry Brushing – use a natural bristle brush to sweep away the top layer of cells from the skin. Work head to toe with long sweeping, light strokes.
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath – continue to promote the exit of toxins through the skin. Add lavender oil to relax the senses.
- Work up a Sweat – in the sauna or as part of a workout. Again, the body is eager to rid itself of toxins. You can help it do so by opening the sweat glands.
Your body will thank you for creating the right conditions to release what it no longer needs. You’ll feel a whole lot better too.